6 Beer BenefitsAPPERITIVO Team
It’s been proved that alcohol, and especially beer, can help prevent certain health condition and develop a strengthened and healthier mind and body.
For instance, the Pennsylvania State University made a study out of 80,000 adults and found that a beer or two a day could help reduce the risk of having a stroke.
Let’s start with this benefit.
- Reduces The Risk of Stroke: Focused on dark ales and stouts can effectively reduce potential heart attacks. Joe Vinson, a professor of chemistry and lead author on a 2000 study, found that when our artery walls are full of cholesterol and other substances, beer can diminish the risk of strokes, by half. Obviously always drinking in moderation. Also, beer is known for lowering body inflammations, preventing clots, by straining the blood.
- Boosts Mental Health: Drinking alcohol socially is always an excellent way to relax and enjoy the moment. Even though beer increases the level of dopamine in our brains, it is scientifically proven that beer can also help us relax and chill for a moment, and several studies even mention beer as a prevention tool for Alzheimer’s.
- Improves Eye Health: Ales and Stout Beers have more concentration of antioxidants than other beer types. The University of Western Ontario found out that beer can reduce the risk of mitochondrial damages, which are responsible for cataracts.
- Lowers The Risk of Kidney Stones: A study made by Helsinki University, Finland, have said that “each bottle of beer consumed per day was estimated to reduce risk by 40 percent”. Due to the amount of water a beer contains (90%), increases urine flow and dilute urine, and consequently reduces the risk of kidney stones.
- Straightens Your Bones: The silicon beer contains in their components is the same silicon that allows our bones to grow, naturally. According to Tufts University, in Massachusetts, one or two beers per day would increase the chances of strengthening our bones, and therefore diminish potential osteoporosis.
- Can Cure Insomnia: Indiana University School of Medicine developed a study which claims that by simply tasting a beer,(the equivalent of one tablespoon), the amount of dopamine in our brain increases.
Ales, Stouts and lagers are the types of beers stimulating the presence of dopamine into our brains and, therefore, as it makes us relax and feel calmer, could be the perfect prescription for insomnia sufferers.